Why Join RWA?
RWA is extremely aware of the important issues that effect small, rural wireless operators. The association consistently petitions the FCC to make sure its members’ voices are heard. RWA’s legal council regurlarly tackles issues that include TV White Spaces, handsets, USF Caps, Service Rules for AWS and Spectrum Band Plans. As a member of RWA, you can be confident that your needs as a rural operator are well represented.
RWA carrier members receive exclusive discounts on our associate members’ products and services. For more information about these benefits, please contact RWA’s CAO, Michele Giroux.
RWA also keeps its membership informed and educated. The association hosts webinars on the latest issues and technologies that affect the wireless industry. Members also attend RWA’s annual meeting/conference and other telecommunications events the association co-hosts with leading industry organizations such as the Rural Independent Competitive Alliance (RICA) and NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association.
Vendors have the ability to provide thier products and services to a vibrant, growing, wireless trade association. There are various opportunities to network with our carrier members. You can present your company’s technologies at our conferences or via a webinar, receive member discounts when you exhibit at our trade shows, place a banner ad on our website, sit on our Board and join our committees and councils.
Membership Categories, Dues and Applications
- Carrier 1 (0 to 2,000 wireless subscribers) – Membership Investment: $3,450
- Carrier 2 (2,001 to 10,000 wireless subscribers) – Membership Investment: $6,000
- Carrier 3 (10,001 to 100,000 wireless subscribers) – Membership Investment: $11,500
A 600 MHz Member is a 600 MHz licensee that secured a rural or small business bidding credit for the 600 MHz auction.
- Membership Investment: $600 (May 1 – September 30)
- Full Voting (Carrier) Member rights as set forth above
- Application 600 MHz Member
- Resellers of wireless services, unlicensed providers of service and affiliated companies of Voting Members.
- Membership Investment: $4,600
- Application- 2017- Supporting Member Application
- Any company providing goods or services to the rural wireless industry (consulting firms, law firms, engineering firms, suppliers and those companies not otherwise qualifying as a Voting or Supporting Member).
- Membership Investment: $2,500
- Application- 2017-Associate Member