Special Alert: Effective November 20, 2023, RWA’s bylaws were amended (1) to allow wireless carriers, with up to two million (2,000,000) subscribers, to be voting carrier members, instead of the former 100,000 or fewer subscriber threshold; and (2) to permit up to two RWA board members at a time to have another company representative serve on another national wireless trade association board contemporaneously.
The changes to the RWA bylaws are necessitated by industry consolidation and growth. RWA looks forward to welcoming more rural carriers into its member-driven, member-run association.
Details on the new RWA carrier tiers are provided below. Contact email@example.com with questions.
The Rural Wireless Association is a Washington, DC-based trade association that ensures rural wireless carrier members have a strong voice in our nation’s capital. RWA’s members have joined together to speed delivery of new, efficient, and innovative telecommunications technologies to underserved rural communities across the country.
Benefits of Joining RWA:
- Innovative advocacy by legal and regulatory experts devoted to strengthening policies that affect rural wireless companies
- Essential information provided to members as it unfolds
- Valuable relationships strengthened through committee participation, conferences, and member-only networking events
- Knowledgeable and responsive Public Policy Committee shapes the association’s legislative and regulatory agendas to better serve our members
- Member-run Education Committee that uses webinars, briefings, white papers, and member teleconferences to inform and instruct
- Member-driven advocacy approach
- Member-elected Board of Directors consisting of C-levels each with over 20+ years of industry experience
- Member-only briefings detailing congressional and FCC actions, as well as other issues that impact rural carriers