U.S. subsidiary of a private equity backed international telecommunications company that has recently secured significant funding to build a state-of-the-art wireless broadband network within the central portion of the state seeks a Financial Controller based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The position will develop over time as the network is constructed and launched and will include the following responsibilities:
- Establish the finance function in Harrisburg, PA for the US operations
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Forecast cash flow and treasury
- Actively lead the improvement of systems, processes and controls
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for the business
- Create monthly management reports for the Group
- Prepare variance and trend analysis to facilitate commercial business decision support
- Prepare regulatory filings to be submitted to US federal and state government agencies (FCC, USAC, USDA (Rural Utilities Service), PA PUC and PEMA)
- Prepare federal and state tax returns
- Calculate sales tax and gross receipts tax for mobile and broadband sales
- Oversee payroll and accounts receivable and payable
- Responsible for audits and financial compliance
- Manage expense and credit control activities
Professional & Personal Competencies:
To succeed and prosper within the company you will possess the desire to be a part of a fast-paced and dynamic team. You will be an engaging team player, with excellent communication and inter-personal skills evidenced through your presence and confidence, and outstanding leadership and project management capabilities. Focus, enthusiasm, ambition and the ability to drive change are key attributes for this role.
This role requires a candidate with strong financial control experience who is ready and willing to perform fundamental accounting duties as well as have the ability to identify and manage accounting and control risks. The position also requires excellent communication skills and the ability to converse with non-financial people on financial matters.
You are likely to hold a recognized qualification from one of the principal professional accounting bodies; you will also have the ability to make independent decisions and influence the company’s development, as well as having an eye for detail.
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following attributes:
- CPA with 2 plus years public accounting experience
- Telecom experience a plus
- Excellent technical knowledge (US GAAP, taxes etc)
- Strong base of core accounting experience
- Strong systems affinity – we are embarking on the roll out of a new accounting system
- Commercial acumen – keen to develop
- Energetic, adaptable and flexible
- Hands on style, hungry to add value
- Strong relationship / stakeholder management ability
For the right individual this is a unique opportunity to join a business at a challenging yet exciting time. Salary range: $75,000 – $95,000.
Please email resume and cover letter to Pui Lee, Head of Finance, Limitless Mobile Group email@example.com by November 15, 2014. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. No calls, please.